Paint Sarasota! Quick Draw Contest
SIGN UP DAY IS SATURDAY DECEMBER 15TH.
The Quick Draw Event
- Date: Wednesday, February 6, 2019
- Entry Fee: Entry Fee accepted up to the start of the event. The Quick Draw costs $20. No refunds after January 1, 2019.
- Painting Time: 9am to 11:00am
- Judging: : Judging begins at 11:30am. Prizes will be announced at noon.
- Stamping: Each work submitted for judging must be stamped on the back of your painting surface. We will stamp up to 2 surfaces at registration.
- Place and Registration will be at:
- Phillippi Farmhouse Market
- Phillippi Estate Park
- 5500 S. Tamiami Trail
- Sarasota, Fl 34231
- For more information contact email@example.com
- To register click here.
Rules and Information
Quick Draw Rules and Requirements
- The Quick Draw is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. There are two categories:
- PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: : This will include all Demo Artists of the Light Chasers. Each painter will choose their own level. Artists will choose a level at Registration the morning of the event
- RISING STAR LEVEL: : This level is for anyone who does not want to compete in the PROFESSIONAL LEVEL.
- Check In: All artists check in at the FARMER’S MARKET at the LIGHT CHASER TABLE between 8:30am and 9am. We will stamp up to 2 painting surfaces. Artist may set up at any time prior to the start time. Do get there early to have plenty of time to register, set up and be ready to paint by 9 AM.
- Painting starts at 9 am. Painting ends at exactly 11 oo am. Artists will hear a loud noise signifying the start and the end of painting time.
- Artists have 30 minutes to clean up and bring their painting and easel to the Light Chaser’s Table at the Farmer’s Market.
- Bring your stamped painting and your easel to the Light Chaser Staff. All Staff will have name tags. Staff will authenticate the painting, check you in, and show you exactly where to set up. You must set up ONLY where you are directed. Check in after painting is from 11 am to 11:30 am. Only stamped works on an easel in the judging area by 11:30 will be judged
- You will be given a label when you check your painting in. Fill it out and attach it to your painting so it is clearly visible to visitors and the judge. Label will have name, medium, size, and price. Not For Sale paintings are allowed. Paintings sell well at the Farmer’s Market!
- Sometimes the wind picks up at this location. Be ready to stabilize your easel. Some artists use a rope tied to their easel and then to a tie down that goes in the ground. Others use a bungee cord that holds a heavy bag. It is the artist’s job to make sure that easels are secured. Please bring what you need in case there is a windy day.
- The Quick Draw Judge will announce the winners in both categories at noon.
- All paintings must be done inside Phillippi Estate Park. The park has 60 acres.
- The Farmer's Market will be active during this time. You may paint at the Farmer's Market. Please be considerate of the vendor’s space. The vendors have the right to ask you to move. If you do paint within the market area, please ask permission from the vendors closest to your painting area.
- Maximum size is 16 x 20. Paintings do not need to be framed.
- Artists may paint in acrylic, water color or oil. Artists may also draw.
- Entries must all be two dimensional.
- Electronic painting or photography is NOT accepted into the Quick Draw.
- You can paint in the Quick Draw and decide not to put your work in for judging. We ALL have good painting days and bad painting days. If you don’t like your work just put it in your car and come to the center of the market to cheer on your fellow painters.